Register now for the final DigSafe session of the season.
The session runs from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm with registration starting at 7:00 am. Cost is $150 per person.
Kamloops – November 6, 2013, Thompson Rivers University – Register Now!
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at $129 plus tax under the name DigSafe at the Sheraton Four Points in Kamloops.
Note – We are also looking for swag for the bags for attendees and have some display booth space. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Who’s this for?
For companies who disturb the ground in any way – this workshop is important. We all want to stop hits on underground infrastructure and keep you, the public and the environment safe. Co-sponsored by BC One Call, BC Common Ground Alliance, BC Municipal Safety Association and companies in Industry, this workshop is a valuable tool for any company that is digging and will provide answers to what’s underground, what happens if you hit a line, legal ramifications, the “Call Before You Dig” process, what Locating is and techniques for safe excavation, among other topics.
- Introduction – Damages, consequences and best practices
- BC Common Ground Alliance
- National Energy Board Rules
- BC Oil and Gas Commission Rules
- WorkSafe BC Rules and Regulations, Employers Notice of Incidents, Accident Investigations, Due Diligence
- BC One Call – What happens with your Ticket
- Panel Discussion – Local Facility Owners Permits and Processes
- Locating 101 and Demonstration
- Hydro Vac 101 and Demonstration (Outside – please bring PPE)
- Safe Excavation Techniques – Ground Disturbance Procedures and Best Practices
- Lunch Included
There are critical infrastructures underground that are vital to healthy communities and business continuity, but can be dangerous to public safety and worker safety if struck. This workshop may save you money and we may never know how many lives it may help save.