April 1st marks the official start of Dig Safe Month across Canada!
The BC Common Ground Alliance and its members have designated April as Dig Safe Month in BC and have received a formal proclamation from the Province.
Here are some ways you can participate:
- Attend one of our free Contractor Breakfasts – in Langley on March 31st or in Kamloops on April 20th.
- Attend the BC Dig Safe Seminar offered by Global Training Centre in Burnaby on April 20th.
- Support Dig Safe initiatives by contacting BC 1 Call before beginning any outdoor digging project, large or small.
- If a neighbour is planning a digging project, remind them to contact BC 1 Call before they break ground.
- Check out our Best Practices to learn what to do when you plan to dig!
- Check out our Contractor Resources page – it has Tool Box talks (like Call Before You Dig), links to videos and infrastructure owner websites, and links to our Safe Digging Cards in 3 languages (English, Punjabi and Simple Chinese).
- Go do digsafecanada.com and use the social media resources to spread the word on your channels.