Ground Disturbance 201 Training Standard (British Columbia)

The Ground Disturbance 201 Standard (British Columbia) has been developed by the Alberta Common Ground Alliance Training Standards Committee with input from the stakeholders in the ground disturbance and buried facility damage prevention communities in British Columbia through the BCCGA. It defines the minimum content and student evaluation requirements for classroom and online training programs suitable for those that wish to ultimately become ground disturbance supervisors.

The Standard includes regulatory requirements, ground disturbance/buried facility damage prevention best practices and industry guidelines to provide students with the best information currently available. The Standard does not address the geotechnical aspects of safe excavation and trenching. The Standard is British Columbia specific.


The following training providers have submitted their training programs for assessment and their programs are currently endorsed by the BCCGA as meeting the Ground Disturbance 201 Standard (British Columbia).



We are pleased to announce that we are accepting applications to access our Ground Disturbance 201 Standard (British Columbia). Training providers in British Columbia who are looking for endorsement to the new BCCGA Ground Disturbance 201 Standard can download an application to access form here.

Access to the Ground Disturbance 201 Standard (British Columbia) will be granted to bona fide training organizations on submission of the application form and approval by the ABCGA.  Approval of the Application to Access the Ground Disturbance 201 Standard will include an invoice for the Standard access fee in the amount set out in the current Schedule of Fees.  On payment of the Standard access fee, the Applicant will receive a downloadable copy of the Standard.

Alberta CGA (ABCGA) is managing the application and certification process on behalf of BCCGA.


Approved training providers will go through three stages of assessment before receiving endorsement to the BCCGA Ground Disturbance 201 Standard. You can download an overview of the standard, the service standard, the schedule of fees and the conditions of endorsement policy below.

Important Documents: